Wednesday, December 5, 2012

ANNE MENKE - SEE THE WORLD BEAUTIFUL

Back to blog..!

been away for quite some time, 
preparation and the wedding surely comes as my first priority..

so my-blog had to wait for me to finally adapt our (me and my beloved wife) new work-flow 
=)


this time, its a book from a senior photographer, Anne Menke.. 

a book that portrays her travel so far around the world in search for a perfect place to execute her works (mostly for magazine-photoshoot).

here's the introduction part from her book,

-

As a fashion and travel photographer my favorite thing to do is go a little further up the mountain, or a little farther down a bumpy dirt road to document indigenous and ethnic lifestyle -- the real source of many of fashion's best ideas

My inspiration from a young age was a reportage photographers like Alfred Eisenstaedt and Henri Cartier Bresson

This book represents 10 years of travel and discoveries. I trekked thousands of miles and hours from Jujuy, Argentina to Ulan Bator, Mongolia to Lijang, China and Pourvoirie du Lae Blanc, Canada.

During time off between fashion shoots in remote places for Vogue, Conde Nast Traveler, and other magazines, I was lucky enough to glimpse these beautiful cultures with their traditional iconographies, architecture, and style of dress.

Meeting people with wildly different references and exploring new socio-cultural terrain is the source and inspiration of my life, to share that with the world is an incredible gift.

Beauty is Happiness, Happiness is Beauty

You can find it anywhere, but it helps to have a good pair of walking shoes and and 35mm lens.

ANNE MENKE

-


















all photos courtesy Anne Menke,


and these pictures below are from her fashion-shoot works










I really like the way she plays with all the colors, details, and compositions.. 
all together somehow creates a very positively beautiful pictures..!


=)

No comments:

Post a Comment