Saturday, October 20, 2012

HEINZ MAIER

It was a rainy day and Heinz Maier (factory plant operator in Stuttgart, Southern Germany) was staring out of the dining room window.

a large puddle caught his eye and he was struck by the beauty of the raindrops' impact on the water.

having discovered an interest in photography towards the end of 2010, and being a self-professed 'curious soul', he attempted to take some pictures of the raindrops. 

and that's where the fascination began..!!

Heinz then built a special arduino tool - an electronic device intended for artists, designers, and hobbyists interested in creating interactive objects - which he uses to produce the waterdrops.

"I'm very curious and I like to experiment," said Heinz. "So I tried to take some macro photographs and discovered that I really liked it." 

"I discovered macro photography through the waterdrops idea and it soon became my favourite hobby."

"I'm very interested in the technology of waterdrop photography. I also find it fascinating to make small things big."

- via photography monthly - 

and here's the pictures from Heinz Maier!













and here's the picture of his setup :

calculated preparation for unimaginable result..




=)



1 comment: